Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Twilight Zone "Living Doll" (1963)

 
A journey into a wonderous land!
 



"My name is Talky Tina and I love you very much!"

We open with a little girl, Christie, and her mom, Annabelle.  Christie has a doll named Talky Tina, Annabelle tells her to run upstairs and not show her father, Eric.  Eric yells about Annabelle buying her a doll, and Christie runs upstairs leaving Tina behind, Annabelle goes after her.  Downstairs, Eric picks up Tina and pulls her string, and Tina says 'my name is Talky Tina and I don't think I like you.'


Annabelle comes back down and we find out that Eric is Christie's step father, and that's why he's so mean to her.  Christie comes back down and apologizes, and takes Tina back upstairs.  At dinner, Christie is feeding Tina, and Eric yells at her again.  Christies friend comes over and they go play outside, leaving Tina at the dinner table with Eric, Annabelle clears away the plates and goes into the kitchen. 

"My name is Talky Tina and I'm starting to hate you!"

Eric picks up Tina and pulls her string again, and receives a 'my name is Talky Tina and I'm starting to hate you.'  Annabelle comes back in the dining room and Eric asks how she's doing it, thinking Annabelle is behind Tina talking to him.  Later that night, Eric takes Tina to the garage and puts her in the trash.  Back in the house Eric gets a call from Tina saying that she is going to kill him.  Eric goes out to the garage and opens the trash can, and Tina is gone. 

"My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you!"


Inside, Annabelle is looking for Tina and Eric asks if she took Tina out of the trash, and Annabelle didn't.  Eric comes to the conclusion that Christie is behind the calls and everything else.  Upstairs Christie is asleep with Tina, and Tina tells Eric that he'll be sorry for what he did.  Eric takes Tina back out to the garage and tries to destroy her by sawing at her, lighting her on fire, etc.

Annabelle eventually comes into the garage and tries to stop him, but he pushes her away and she leaves.  Eric puts her in a burlap sack, with rope tied around her, and put her in the trash, with 3 cinder block on top of it.  Upstairs we see Annabelle packing her clothes, when Eric comes in, and says he'll give Tina back to Christie if she'll stay.  Back in the garage Eric takes Tina out of the trash, and Tina tells him that she doesn't forgive him. 

Eric heads back upstairs and gives Tina back to Christie, and then he heads to bed.  Hearing a noise, Eric wakes up, waking Annabelle in the process.  Annabelle says she doesn't hear anything, but Eric goes to investigate anyways.  As Eric walks down the stairs, he steps on Tina, and tumbles down the stairs, falling to his death.  Tina, falls down the stairs with him, and is the last thing he sees before he dies. 

"My name is Talky Tina...and you better be nice to me"


Annabelle, who has made her way to the hallway sees Erich at the bottom of the staircase, and comes running down.  While Annabelle is kneeling over Erich, Tina pipes up and warns Annabelle that she better be nice to her.

The End
 
I love this one!  I have a lot of favorites when it comes to TZ, and this is in my top 5.  Murderous dolls, is another one of my favorite genre in horror movies!
 
Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment