Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Houses October Built (2014)

The haunt found them

To be honest most of the movies I watch come from Netflix and if I like the poster I'll watch it. I didn't think this movie would be any good as it had a rating of 1 and a half stars, but I was so wrong!  DO NOT BELIEVE NETFLIX RATINGS!! This turned out to be one of my favorite films of the week.

The film follows five friends traveling to different haunts the week before Halloween. At each haunt they interview people and walk through said haunt. One of them finds out about a place called Blue Skeleton which is supposedly the scariest haunt out there. They decide to head there and meet some of the employees of the Blue Skeleton along the way.

I should warn you that this is a found footage movie, which I have no problem with, but a lot of people have grown sick of the genre. That being said this is probably the best found footage movie I've seen in some time.  Even if you have grown sick of these movies you should definitely give this one a chance. The acting was believable and the plot was a breath of fresh air into the world of found footage. Plus there was a few moments that were actually somewhat terrifying. Tell me what you thought of the movie in the comments. 

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment