Sunday, April 12, 2015

Torment (2013)

Welcome to the family
When I first read the plot of the movie I wasn't hooked. Another home invasion movie set in the middle of nowhere?  No thanks!  Then I saw that Katharine Isabelle was in it and I'm just a sucker for her.  Luckily the movie wasn't a complete disappointment, except the lighting which left us in the dark for a duration of the movie.

The movie follows newly married couple Sara and Cory, along with Cory's son Liam, on a vacation to a cabin Cory owns. Instantly we find that Liam does not like Sara no matter how hard she tries. When they reach the house Sara discovers that someone has been living there, Liam calls the police but there's nothing they can do. As the night progresses the invasion begins.

While it didn't bring anything new to the invasion genre, the character portrayls were great. The look of the villains was my favorite thing about the movie. One of the main issues I had with the movie is that the we weren't given a motive, or any back story in general, of why they were killing. The ending was a decent twist which left us with a opening for a sequel that I would be interested in seeing, if it gave an explanation for the killing. Tell me what you thought of the movie in the comments. 

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment