Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Tricky Treat (2015)

Ripe N' Bloody

I have stumbled across this short film several times and each time I fall more in love with it.  For the first time Patricia Chica teams up with Tara Kurtz to bring you a spin on the classic pumpkin carving tradition of Halloween.  As a family gathers to carve their pumpkin it is made abruptly clear that it's not your average pumpkin nor is it actually a pumpkin. The twist at the end is so genuis that I'm surprised no one had ever thought of it before.  Each time I see it the end still makes me go "what the fuck" every time.  Plus big congratulations are due as the short will be in the Short Film Corner of the Cannes Film Festival!  For more information on where to see the short visit her website at http://patriciachica.wix.com/website. 

Have a good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment