Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween II (1981)

How do you kill what's NOT alive?

Happy Halloween!

Staying with the tradition of reviewing one of the Halloween movies on Halloween, I did the first one last year and this year I am doing the sequel!  Unlike a lot of sequels Halloween II turned out to be a good movie.  I felt as if it was on par with the first, which you can't say about most sequels aka Halloween III, but we will get to that next year.  Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence returned to their roles from the first as Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis, respectively.  

Halloween II picks up exactly where the first one ends with Loomis shooting Michael.  From there the story takes place in a Hospital and we learn that Michael is still alive.  Which should tell you how the movie continues with him stalking and killing everyone for the next 6 sequels.  Hope that didn't give away any spoilers!  Honestly you all should know that tough.

Overall it's good and is one of the best sequels out there.  Not my favorite Halloween sequel, but we'll get to those in 2 or 3 years, cause you know Halloween III is not a favorite.  Is Halloween III actually a favorite for anyone?  If so I would love to know how!  Tell me what you thought of the movie in the comments, on Twitter (@SilentToHughes) or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SilentToHughes)
Hope you all have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, wanted to leave a comment. Halloween II is a very solid sequel, not as classic as the original, but a damn good film (maybe an 9 or 9.5/10, with the original being a ten). I actually deeply enjoy the third Halloween, and I've felt for years that it's gotten too much flak, and I wonder if it's get as negative a perception if it wasn't under the Halloween name. I am happy to see you enjoy the fourth film, though - I think it was the first one I saw when I was a kid, and because of that, the nostalgia is high with that one, and I deeply love it.

    Hope this finds you well,
    Michael - Beyond the Darkened Door

    ReplyDelete