Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Finders Keepers (2014)

No soul is safe


When I first saw the poster I knew I needed to see this movie and you know what?  It didn't completely disappoint me! First off its a doll movie which has to be in my top 5 favorite horror genre's.  Secondly it has Tobin Bell! I just don't see how you can go wrong with him. Also Kylie Rogers who plays Claire was just a standout I hope she moves on from this and does amazing things.  Now on to the review! 

The movie follows a recently divorced women and her daughter moving into a new house.  As the daughter settles into her new room she discovers an extremely creepy doll under a loose floor board. The girl creates a bond with the doll and starts to show bad behavior which is first thought to be brought on by the divorce but no it's never that simple. From that point on people start to die, but I'm sure you knew that already. Wouldn't be a horror movie without some death!

As I said above the movie didn't completely disappoint me, it was pretty good until the end and the smoke monster came in.  I know the doll was a spirit thing but the smokey thing kinda killed it for me. Also I could've done without the boy that lived in the house before, I know it was to probably set it up for a sequel but it wasn't really needed.   That being said I mostly enjoyed it, it had a lot of nice kills, my favorite being the professors.  Oh and there's this crazy cat lady neighbor that I absolutely loved, possibly because it's me in 20 years.  Let me know if you've seen it and if you have tell me what you thought in the comments!

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment