Friday, October 17, 2014

The Descent (2005)

Scream your last breath.

I put off this movie for a long time because I didn't think that I'd like it.  A diving movie? No thanks! But I finally sat down to watch it and I was pleasantly surprised.  Turns out the movie wasn't horrible, like I thought, but actually really good and it may be the best movie that I have seen this year.  

The movie follows six women who go on a vacation together every year and this year they decide to go spelunking.  Our main girl loses her family the year before so the group tip toes around her most of the movie. We also learn that one of the girls had an affair with her husband, so it feels kinda justifying when she kills her later.  The girls encounter some hybrid mutant cannibals and start dying off one by one.

The creatures were pretty interesting, hadn't seen anything like them before.  I really liked the ending and the twist definitely piqued my interest for the sequel.  Intrigued to see how the sequel holds up to the original considering most sequels don't do the first justice.  Tell me what you thought of the movie in the comments, on Twitter (@SilentToHughes) or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SilentToHughes)

Hope you all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment